- Ajwain helps combat bacterial and viral infection
- Ajwain helps reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Thymol in ajwain helps combat high blood pressure
- In ayurvedic medicine, ajwain is widely used for stomach related issues
- Ajwain is also helpful in relieving respiratory issues in both young and adults
- Carom helps with coughing and other congestion issues of the throat
- Ajwain has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body
Ajwain is considered safe for most people. However, the seeds are unsafe for pregnant women as they have been associated with harmful effects on fetuses.