Health Benefits of Raw Pistachios
1) Each one-ounce serving of raw pistachios contains about 49 nuts. That’s more nuts per serving than any other nut, which means more delicious nutty flavor to snack on. This serving size also provides over 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus and copper.
2) Pistachios are a satisfying snack that’s rich in dietary fiber to keep you full and support a healthy digestive system. You’ll get more dietary fiber in a serving of raw pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3) Raw pistachios are a plentiful source of antioxidants, which fight damaging free radicals and may lower the risk for diseases associated with premature aging.
4) Compared to a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice, a serving of raw pistachios packs even more thiamine (also known as vitamin B1). Thiamine plays an important role in converting food into energy.
5) Chock-full of potassium, pistachios contain even more of this mighty mineral than half a large banana. Potassium is a key nutrient that helps your heart beat and may lower high blood pressure.
6) Pistachios are an excellent source of protein, and provide adequate amounts of amino acids. Bring a serving of pistachios along with you to the gym for a post-workout snack to help repair muscle tissue.